A serial key or a license key is an important part of digital products that you want to secure from piracy. If you are running a WordPress powered online store and have plans to sell license activated products, then you will need a plugin to achieve your goal. Protection against piracy has always been a challenge, but with the right tool, you can manage this effortlessly. In this blog, we are going to share some of the best WooCommerce license key generating plugins. You will find all the important information in one place and quickly compare them to select the best fit for you.
Let’s get started with the study of the best WooCommerce license key generating plugins.
First of all, we need a layout of this study to make it more fruitful. We have decided to clear our concepts about the license key or the serial key. Then we will have an in-depth analysis of the available plugins.
In general, the license key is a data string that is used to restrict the unauthorized use of software or any digital product. Commonly, we understand that license keys or serial keys are only associated with the software. The fact is, they are also applicable to other digital products like documents, photos, songs, videos, etc. So, what type of product do you plan to sell? The key can be a number with or without alphabets. There is an endless combination and we should not probably overthink them. Let’s focus on the plugins that we can use to enable our store for digital product selling.
Below is a shortlist of the best WooCommerce license key generating plugins.
- WooCommerce Serial Numbers
- Software License Manager
- WooCommerce License Keys
- Product License Manager
- WooCommerce Licensing & Serial Key
- WooCommerce License Manager
Let’s introduce you to one of the best available plugins for serial number generation. Though this is a newcomer, it offers everything that you may need. By all means, this is the most stable and feature-rich license manager available for WooCommerce. The free version offers lots of awesome features to help you sell secret number-based products. The premium version has the best combination of features to further enhance productivity. Let’s highlight some of the cool features of this brilliant plugin.
- Create and assign license keys with products directly.
- The activation limit will enable you to restrict the use of licenses for software and games.
- API validation option.
- Admin bar and email notification options.
- Add serial numbers for variable products.
- Automatically generate serial numbers and assign them to order.
- Generate bulk serial numbers from a custom pattern like Special-#####
- Generate random or sequential serial numbers with your custom rules.
- Apart from that, you will be able to Import / Export bulk serial numbers.
- You also be able to add serials from the edit order page.
- Get extensive reports of the sold serial numbers. (Upcoming)
The license key auto-generation feature will keep you productive.
Excellent notification features will keep you informed about license key status.
The premium version will auto-generate and assign license keys with products.
You may have to invest some time to understand the features.
Currently, this plugin is on sale. You can claim a 20% discount by using this [WCSNFREE2PRO] code. Visit the product page to learn more.
The Software License Manager is an awesome tool for WooCommerce store owners. This free plugin can set you free from all the restrictions to start your digital products store. First of all, this brilliant tool is only for developers. So, if you are a store owner and do not have much knowledge about PHP and the WordPress core, then you will need the help of a developer. On the other hand, everything is pre-set for the developers to work with and extend the functionality of this mind-blowing tool. Secondly, this plugin gets regular updates and there is an option to request the desired hook. Thus, it makes a very flexible tool. Apart from that, currently, there are 1000+ active installation and the review section is flooded with love from the users of this awesome plugin. The features of this brilliant tool are given below:
- You will be able to act as a license server and create licenses.
- Remotely check the status f a license.
- Moreover, you can activate and deactivate the license remotely.
- Check the license key.
- Finally, you will also be able to track a license key.
This is completely free, but this plugin is only for developers.
All important features are present.
You need to be a developer or at least hire one to make the most of this tool.
Here we have another state-of-the-art WordPress plugin to manage your digital products. First of all, this plugin is simple but very powerful. As a license keys manager, this will add a new product type in your store. You will be able to handle and validate all those licenses from here. This plugin will act as a validator API and does all the operations with HTTP requests. The built-in customization hooks offer extensive flexibility for developers and store owners. You will be able to customize everything based on your requirements. Some key features of this impressive plugin are listed below:
- First of all, it has a built-in validator API to manage all tasks.
- It will create a custom WooCommerce product type for you.
- It brilliantly handles the license key activation.
- There are expire options.
- Finally, there are customization hooks.
Lightweight plugin for awesome flexibility for users.
Lots of features to get excited.
Great customization options for developers.
The premium version offers even more features.
A relatively new plugin, but does its job.
Here is another productivity tool. This WooCommerce Product License Manager will also help you to host your personal license server. First of all, this is another fairly easy to use tool with the complete features. The built-in API tracker will offer all the necessary options for you. Those options cover the tracking of license status, deactivate, activate and of course blocking users. This plugin has both free and premium versions. Let’s highlight some of the free features of this plugin:
- This plugin will automatically create license keys for every purchase.
- You will be able to configure the license in every WooCommerce product.
- You will be able to add a license key manually.
- Manage the status of license effortlessly.
- On top of that, you will also be able to deactivate the license remotely using the API.
The premium features are highlighted below:
- The premium version offers license renewal.
- You will have control over the license expiration.
- Finally, get an automatic notification when the license is about to expire.
Provides all the basic features to sale license.
They offer license key integration with every WooCommerce product.
Last but not least, you will be able to deactivate a license key using the API.
You have to buy the premium version for more features.
The last update was six months ago.
Here is another brilliant tool for your WooCommerce powered store. First of all, this plugin is premium, so you have to buy it to get those amazing features. You have to buy this product from the StoreApps site. You will also find some other mind-blowing products alongside this one. As we all know by now that it does not have any free features, but they offer a state of the art live demo. With the live demo, you will be able to check each feature of this plugin. Let’s focus on some of the great features of this plugin:
- First of all, you will love the simplicity of this plugin. With each end user in mind, they have created an excellent plugin. All users including the developers will find it very easy to use.
- Secondly, you are going to love the way it automatically issues a license to the customers after the purchase of a product.
- Thirdly, the full control and the dedicated dashboard will keep you productive and empower you with everything you need.
- Apart from that, the awesome importing option lets you import your pre-generated license keys with ease.
- Moreover, validation and tight WooCommerce integration are very helpful features. The latest update also offers the flexibility to issue serial key per quantity of the product. Earlier this was not possible as the plugin generated one single key for similar items bought together. Now with this updated version generate and assign a unique key for each individual product that is purchased in bulk quantities.
Very simple store integration and also very easy to use for users and developers.
Loaded with all the features that you will ever require.
They offer an interactive demo, so you can test the features to solidify your decision.
Finally, you will be able to issue serial key per quantity of the product.
Premium plugin without any free features.
A little pricey, but loaded with cool features.
Here is our final pick. This is another premium plugin that you can purchase from CodeCanyon. We expect that as a WordPress site owner, you are familiar with CodeCanyon. There is a list of similar plugins in CodeCanyon and this one is at the top of that list. This spectacular plugin has more than 700+ total sales and the number is rising each day. It can be a great choice for your store as it is one of the best WooCommerce license key generating plugins. Let’s quickly highlight some of the best features of this handy plugin.
- To begin with, this plugin is loaded with awesome features, we will cherry-pick the best among those lists.
- This plugin supports variable products. It can generate different keys for your variation products.
- Backorder support is another cool feature. You are going to love this feature.
- Apart from that, bulk import and export will set you free and focus on productivity only.
- Moreover, the license key encryption is another state-of-the-art feature. You will be able to encrypt the license keys with two different secret keys. You are the one to select the secret keys.
First of all, this stable plugin has 700+ sales and a good review from the satisfied customers.
Furthermore, there is a higher focus on the security of your store and the generated license keys.
Finally, the bulk import and export feature will keep you productive.
The cost may hurt new store owners.
We are wrapping up with high hopes that this will benefit you in some way. If you know about some plugin that we have missed, please let us know. We are leaving the decision up to you. See you in the next episode.